Where is Ross?

This blog is a record of my travels in Europe during the Summer of 2005. Countries visited include England, Scotland, Northern Ireland, Ireland, France, Belgium, Holland, Switzerland, Austria, Hungary, Italy, Vatican City, Monaco and Germany.

Thursday, September 08, 2005

From Pompeii I took the train back to the hostel to hang out for a bit. The other guests at the hostel were a German couple and a Japanese girl. At the suggestion of the Germans we played this game where everyone writes the name of a famous person on a piece a paper and then you pass it to someone else. They put it on their forehead Indian poker style and start asking yes no questions to try to figure out who they are. The first person who figures it out wins. After I few rounds I decided to write down Julius Caesar, being in Italy and all, and I gave it to the Japanese girl. To our astonishment, she had no idea who Julius Caesar was. According to her, people learn almost nothing about European history in Japanese schools. I thought that was surprising considering how much world history we get in the U.S.
I had dinner at another pizza place called Trianon which was also very good. Napoli is worth visiting for the pizza alone in my opinion.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home