Where is Ross?

This blog is a record of my travels in Europe during the Summer of 2005. Countries visited include England, Scotland, Northern Ireland, Ireland, France, Belgium, Holland, Switzerland, Austria, Hungary, Italy, Vatican City, Monaco and Germany.

Thursday, September 15, 2005

Cannes



The first stop was Cannes. The beach was sand here although 90% of it was private (you pay 20 euros or more and they give you a chaise lounge and an umbrella). There are two little public sections at either end of the main beach.
I’d given it plenty of chances in the last few days, but today I decided that going to the beach on the Mediterranean is really boring. I’m so used to going to the beach in California and going surfing, playing in the waves, playing volleyball, playing horseshoes, drinking beer etc., but here the only thing you can do is sunbathe. There is no fun to be had at all. Even going swimming is boring. The Mediterranean is like a lake. The only redeeming factor is the topless women, but even they are not as abundant as I had hoped. I would choose the beach in SoCal any day over the Med. I spent a few hours in Cannes before I moved on.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home