Where is Ross?

This blog is a record of my travels in Europe during the Summer of 2005. Countries visited include England, Scotland, Northern Ireland, Ireland, France, Belgium, Holland, Switzerland, Austria, Hungary, Italy, Vatican City, Monaco and Germany.

Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Corniglia

The trail to Corniglia gets a little more rugged and the views of the coast become even more spectacular.

Corniglia is the only one of the five towns that is not on the water. It is at the top of a hill. Between the railroad station near the water and the town high above there is an endless set of steps climbing up the hill. Near the top of the hill I finally broke into the sun for the first time today. Uh-oh, my sunglasses are back in Riomaggiore. I just dealt with the lack of glasses and it worked out alright since the sun was at my back for the entire hike. I spent a few minutes wandering around town before heading on.
Cornigila from the north.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home