Where is Ross?

This blog is a record of my travels in Europe during the Summer of 2005. Countries visited include England, Scotland, Northern Ireland, Ireland, France, Belgium, Holland, Switzerland, Austria, Hungary, Italy, Vatican City, Monaco and Germany.

Sunday, September 04, 2005

It even rains in Italy

So far on this trip I have been rained on in every country that I stayed the night in except Austria. I thought I might be in the clear after I left the umbrella I bought for 1pound in Newcastle at the hostel in Gryon since most of the rest of my trip would be in Mediterranean climates, but it was not so. Today in Rome it absolutely poured during the afternoon and evening. I was back at the hostel so I didn’t get wet, but it was funny watching the cafes outside scramble to reseat patrons under the umbrellas. The ones that had invested in better canopies made a lot more money today.

1 Comments:

At March 21, 2006 7:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wonderful pictures. You really got around. My favorite building was the Pantheon because of the hole in the roof.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home