Where is Ross?

This blog is a record of my travels in Europe during the Summer of 2005. Countries visited include England, Scotland, Northern Ireland, Ireland, France, Belgium, Holland, Switzerland, Austria, Hungary, Italy, Vatican City, Monaco and Germany.

Friday, September 09, 2005

Napoli-Firenze


On Friday I woke up and started packing up my stuff to head to Florence. It was raining a bit throughout the morning and I was hoping it would let up when I had to go to the train station. Instead it turned into a torrential downpour. It was kind of funny watching the vendors outside clamor to cover up their stuff as their umbrellas blew away. Fifteen minutes later I had to venture out into the rain, without the aid of the umbrella that I left in Switzerland, for the 10 minute walk to the train station. It was a bit of an adventure, but I made it. What’s up with all of this rain in Italy?
The train ride was uneventful. It seems like Italy is bracing for a terrorist attack against their train system as both times I have taken the Eurostar Italia, the high speed train, there have been carabinieri with machine guns walking up and down the aisles.
I was greeted in Firenze (Florence) by even more rain. I took a bus to the campground I would be staying at. It was basically raining off and on all afternoon so the day was a bit of a writeoff. I met an Aussie girl and two Irishmen on the bus ride over and we hung out at the campground cafe drinking beer and swapping stories all afternoon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home