Where is Ross?

This blog is a record of my travels in Europe during the Summer of 2005. Countries visited include England, Scotland, Northern Ireland, Ireland, France, Belgium, Holland, Switzerland, Austria, Hungary, Italy, Vatican City, Monaco and Germany.

Wednesday, September 07, 2005

Roma-Napoli


Next stop in Italy was Napoli (Naples). I took the train down on Wednesday morning and checked into my hostel right away. Naples has a reputation for being pretty seedy and dirty and emerging from the train station you get that impression right away. There are vendors everywhere selling counterfeit and stolen (presumably) goods. My hostel was a short walk from the train station. The hostel owner was very nice. He gave me a map of the city and recommended some things to do. He also showed me where the best pizza places were. Napoli is famous for being the home of pizza. Many travelers who I had met on my trip had told me that the pizza in Napoli was spectacular. I went to Da Michele and got a whole pizza and a beer for 4.70€. Quite a deal. It is not often that highly touted food places live up to their reputation, but this one did. It was great and very fatisfying (satisfying + fattening. I picked that up from a friend in New York). Good pictures of their pizza here

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home