Where is Ross?

This blog is a record of my travels in Europe during the Summer of 2005. Countries visited include England, Scotland, Northern Ireland, Ireland, France, Belgium, Holland, Switzerland, Austria, Hungary, Italy, Vatican City, Monaco and Germany.

Friday, September 09, 2005

Camping Michelangelo


You may be wondering how I managed to stay at a campsite without a tent or other camping gear. The answer is that a lot of European campsites have housetents (pictured above) and shower/laundry facilities so you don’t actually need any gear. This campground had been recommended by many travelers I had met on my trip and although I was still skeptical when I arrived, it turns out they were right.
+It is perched on a hill overlooking Florence. It was far enough away that you were out of the city, but close enough that it was an easy walk in. The views were nice.
+Although it was a campground there were housetents, showers, washing machines, a supermarket and a little café to hang out in.
+It was one of the more social places that I stayed with everyone hanging out and having fun together at the café in the evenings
+It was cheap at 15euro a night
-Rain is not so good for camping

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home