Where is Ross?

This blog is a record of my travels in Europe during the Summer of 2005. Countries visited include England, Scotland, Northern Ireland, Ireland, France, Belgium, Holland, Switzerland, Austria, Hungary, Italy, Vatican City, Monaco and Germany.

Thursday, September 15, 2005

Villefranche Sur Mer


Later in the day I went to Villefranche sur Mer which is located between Nice and Monaco. This beach is in a little harbor surrounded by high cliffs. It was very scenic and probably my favorite beach of the day. The beach was all public. I swam and floated around for a while in the water. The water in the Mediterranean was probably about 75 degrees which was nice, but not as warm as I had expected.
As mentioned previously, the Mediterranean is like a lake. That is a bit of an overstatement because I’ve seen lakes with bigger waves. At one point in the later afternoon a few rogue waves suddenly washed up maybe 20ft onto the beach. Lots of people were sunbathing right next to the water and they all got wet. It was pretty funny. Those were the only things resembling waves all day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home