Where is Ross?

This blog is a record of my travels in Europe during the Summer of 2005. Countries visited include England, Scotland, Northern Ireland, Ireland, France, Belgium, Holland, Switzerland, Austria, Hungary, Italy, Vatican City, Monaco and Germany.

Monday, September 19, 2005

Munich

Arriving in Munich after being in Italy and the South of France for a few weeks was a big culture shock. Everything, the people, the language, the weather, the architecture, was very different than it had been only a few hours earlier in Italy. I made my way to the Marienplatz which is the central square in town. It was way too early to see any sights, plus it was really cold, so I sat in a coffee shop for an hour or so and caught up on my journal. The pastries I had at the coffee shop in Munich were excellent and rivaled what I had eaten in France. After I felt a little more awake I found a newsstand and bought a little tourist book about Munich so I would know what to go see.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home